Non-Traditional Family Law and GLBT Issues
Addressing All of Your Family Law Concerns
Every family is different, and no matter how your family is structured, we will do everything we can to meet your legal goals. Relying on many years of family law experience, we will help you understand all of your options and take the approach that is best for you and your loved ones.
We have a decade of experience guiding GLBT clients through all kinds of family law issues such as:
- Domestic partnership agreements — When your relationship is not legally recognized, it is critically important to protect your interests. Many of our GLBT clients think of their domestic partnership agreements as being similar to prenuptial agreements.
- Adoption — Certain Georgia counties view second parent adoptions favorably. We will position your situation to help you achieve your goal of adopting a child.
- Estate planning — Although estate planning is important for every adult, GLBT and non-traditional families face unique hurdles. We will take a comprehensive approach to your estate planning to help you plan for your future. Drafting wills, powers of attorney and basic trusts, we can make sure that your loved ones and your assets will be protected.
- Child custody and visitation — We will work with you to protect your children. As skilled negotiators, we are often able to achieve solutions that are in everyone’s best interests.
- Child support issues — Non-traditional families face many of the same child support concerns that other families encounter. We will work with you to reach an arrangement that reflects your situation.
The Edwards Law Group is a safe place for non-traditional families to find legal help. We are committed to meeting the legal needs of every type of family in the Atlanta area. Call 770-723-7211 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with a lawyer who will understand your situation and provide realistic, individualized solutions.